Featured post

2010 - Sherry Parker

For a brief bio of this Camper, CLICK HERE.

2010 project - Castle


This project was made from builders pink installation foam, each of the stones had to be curved with a knife. To make the stone effect we used ball of tin foil to push indents into the surface which took hours to do. Once that was finished we could start the fun part… painting. Which consisted of several layers, base coat was just paint but then we used a mix of our paint color with sand and applied it over and over to get the texture we were looking for. Once that was dried went over it with a darker color to help give it some depth.

Then the fun part was letting you imagination take over, I love the fact that you could leave dirt on the floors, corners and mice could run around freely. Not sure if mine has a scene in particular ... when people see it they say Harry Potter, to me it is just a Castle, an imaginary space. The silver shield on the wall and the axe & pick was the silversmith workshops we did at camp that year. The Cooper shield is my family crest. The majority of the items in the Castle were gifties and tidbits I had received from camp mini ha ha that year plus the ones I made. Of course it is never done… I still have more things to add to it as I find them and put them in their new home.











No comments:

Post a Comment