Featured post

2006 - Marijke Hurkens

For a brief bio of this Camper, CLICK HERE


2006 - Fireplace lamp base

This was the first project at Berwick, when we went from 10 to 25 miniaturists. I headed to Bargain Harold’s after arriving at camp, and Patty van H. and I found these lampshades used on the project, absolutely the perfect shade for our ideas.

The setting is a fireplace, with Delft tiles I painted from a tiny souvenir bag Patty had brought with her from The Netherlands. The painting over the fireplace is from Iris S. The project idea was from Joann Swanson, based on her picture frame projects. Mary Wrenn was our teacher that year, I believe, and Debbie P. taught the leather armchair.



After arriving home from camp, I added sconces and a flickering fire to the lamp base. As the glass doesn’t come out, there is some glare on it, unfortunately! This was one of the most popular of our earlier projects with all our campers, and extra lamp kits went home with quite a few of them. The round object on the mantelpiece is a pre-Confederation penny I found while at camp.




No comments:

Post a Comment