Featured post

Bio - Patricia Stenton

Name:  
Patricia Stenton

Location: 
Midland, Ontario

Working in minis: 
In a way, since I made a baby carriage out of a Camembert container at age 8, but actually creating mini scenes since my first CMHH experience in 2009.

Camp Mini Ha Ha attendance:
 Since 2009, missing only 2018

Blog: -----

Website: ----


I am married and a happy Mom of two grown sons, retired from directing a ballet and music school for 35 years, still enjoying various forms of dance,volunteering time with children, also love cooking, gardening, reading and having time for creating minis.
________________________________________________

What other types of artistic/craft pursuits do you follow?

Flower arranging, a little bit of knitting and felting.

How and when did you first become interested in the art of miniatures? 

I always loved small things from when I was little, and after at first collecting minis, became interested in making accessories in the 90s. 

What most inspires your artistic endeavours? 

Life itself, favourite memories, impressions from vacations. 

What are your favourite things to make in miniature? 

I very much like the aspect of creating a particular atmosphere, whether it’d be through a well worn floor or kitchen table, overgrown and weathered stonework, or the attention to detail in a market stall. 

I enjoy miniature landscaping, and have enjoyed dressing dolls/mannequins, creating rustic items out of wood, miniature dry and wet felting and more. 

What real-life piece, scene or building would you most love to try in miniature? 

I would love to have time and resources to create a historic artisan market, maybe Tudor period. 
Also, a stage setting for a ballet or musical production, maybe from something I staged with my school. Another fun project would be a school house with very lively students- and teachers. 

Do you have a favourite miniature project from Camp Mini Ha Ha? 

I loved the kitchen scene in a shadow box, because that year I learned so many skills, like observing reality in order to age and distress realistically, also furniture making from kits and making light fixtures from scratch. 

A favourite project that was not part of Camp? 

A German Christmas Market stall that I made in memory of my Dad. 

Would you like to share some of your favourite Camp Mini Ha Ha memories? 

Coming to CMHH for the first time and being surrounded by so many caring, fun loving women, all as much in love with minis as I am, and making me feel so welcome. 

Hanging out in the evenings at the old lounge with so much laughter, camaraderie and lots of chocolate.The building was old, but the lounge was cozier than the lounge space we know now. 

The live auction night a few years ago, where there were surprise moments of entertainment that made us laugh so hard that for some of us we could not be sure they’d make it through the auction without side effects. (Those who were there at the time will remember.)

No comments:

Post a Comment