Featured post

2013 - Kathy Novak

For a brief bio of this Camper CLICK HERE.

2013 - Streetscape project

For this project, I extended the kit’s back wall by about 1.5 inches to give me more space inside.  

The outside walls were white glue soaked tissue paper, applied for texture, then painted, and then stained with the stained wiped off right away.  The outside walk is egg cartons laid, then kinda grouted, and stuffed with moss here and there.  The vent on the roof is made of cardstock and hides the control for the light inside that door

The steps into both doors are pieces of slate from Camp.  To make the downspouts on either side, my favorite hardware store cut lengths of copper pipe which I aged to have a little green on them. There are drops of resin at the bottom for rain to drain out, and the right side has a small robin having a drink. 

To make the small shop view on the left side appear larger, I had a mirror cut at a glass store to fit on that outside wall. It serves to reflect items on the opposite wall that are generally unseen. When I need good-sized windows in my projects, I replace the Plexiglas with thin cut real glass from a glass store. It doesn’t scratch like Plexiglas.

The door in the middle to the unseen “apartment” has a photo of a family bookcase on the back wall with family photos on top.

I made some, not all, of the bakery and perfume shop items. Also made the lilac bush from FlowerSoft and kit bashed wire tree trunk.  



I like to put a Falcon Miniatures friendly mouse/rat in each setting. She’s enjoying a cherry tart on the top of the window by the bakery’s sign.  The store signs were lasered by Liz’s [Dieleman] daughter which I then stained. The bakery’s name is a nod to my Polish grandmother.  The hanging clock is from Liz’s table at Camp. [Grandpa's Dollhouse]

I kit bashed the bakery door by taking out the entry window and replacing with a Barbara Sabian stained glass window. 



The Apartment number is my senior dorm room number.




No comments:

Post a Comment