Featured post

2009 - Debbie Parrott

For a brief bio of this Camper, CLICK HERE.

2009 Project - Shop room box


Having always been fascinated by play and by dolls and toys, for my take on this project, I chose to make a toy store. It most represents me as I was a collector of antique dolls and toys before succumbing to the hobby of miniatures.

I really enjoyed working on the bay window. I bought the prefab window from Liz [Dieleman - Grandpa's Dollhouse] but turned it upside down and cut the peeked roof off it.



I happened to pick up an old Lesney toy, the coronation carriage complete with horses, at an antique shop in Victoria. Lesney was the forerunner of matchbox toys. My very first vignette was a toy shop and I was determined to try and construct a vintage toy shop.


We learned how to make the stained glass windows and doors using the lead weighting for golf clubs and gel pens.

It holds dolls and toys made by dear fellow miniaturists and by me, as well as many actual antique miniature toys from my collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment